As Senior Director of Global Marketing, I am responsible for creating awareness around our 76-year iconic, loyal and trustworthy brand. Whether it’s communicating our proud value proposition across social media and other digital channels, or having a strong presence at one of the many trade shows we exhibit at, our mission is to ultimately deliver trend-setting information, insights and solutions to our customers in order to guide them through their optical journey. The Edmund Optics' team is passionate about our leading industry status and it’s my teams job to spread that passion throughout industry, inspiring optical innovation for years to come.
Scott Bass serves as Senior Director of Global Marketing at Edmund Optics and brings nearly 20 years of marketing and sales experience with a diverse background in multiple industries working for iconic brands such as Macy's Inc. and Rolling Stone. In Scott’s current role, he is responsible for creating awareness around Edmund Optic’s 76-year iconic, loyal and trustworthy brand through global strategy development, digital marketing, lead generation, content marketing, product line management, sales enablement, advertising, public relations, catalog and trade show. Scott has a strong track record of evolving marketing functions at organizations, implementing innovative new branding initiatives across both digital and traditional channels, while building strong, high-performing teams of marketing professionals. Scott has been featured on CNBC, The Ladders, Franchise Times, and numerous other media outlets and panels as a thought leader in marketing and employer branding.
Scott has authored and been featured in several publications:
- 08/2017 – "The Technology Marketers Must See" - TargetMarketing July/August 2017 (page 24)
- 08/2016 – "Not Receiving Enough Quality Applicants? It's Likely Your Employer Brand" - MRINetwork First Friday Preview
- 08/2016 – "Leveraging Employer Branding via the Most Powerful, Zero Cost Company Perk" - CDI Corporation Employment View
- 09/2015 – "Leveraging Modern Communication Methods to Engage and Build Company Culture" - MRINetwork First Friday Preview
- 07/2014 – "Another reason businesses can't fill their jobs" - CNBC.com
- 02/2014 – "The convergence of social media and mobile recruitment" - The Ladders
- 10/2013 - "Back to Business" - Franchise Times