Optical Thin Film Engineer (Process and Maintenance)
Seeking candidate capable of implementing design strategies, oversee operations and work with other employees to meet client needs for custom optical components. Experience providing guidance to management staff and operators to ensure the business meets continuity,. Duties include working to guarantee that a customer's requests can be produced (manufacturing engineering) as well as assisting in the training of employees. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring the operation of machines and equipment at optimal level by providing skilled hands-on servicing, maintenance and repair functions.
- Design optical coatings to meet customers’ and internal specifications.
- Develop and implement coating designs and processes that will optimize efficiencies and yields, and minimize costs.
- Optimize chamber configurations for deposition of optical thin films.
- Provide technical support in maintaining coating operation.
- Maintain documents and records of processes and procedures relevant to the design, development and production.
- Train production staff in operation of precision optical coating processes.
- Perform all aspects of troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair of thin film coating machine and associated equipment.
- Maintain documents and records of processes and procedures relevant to the maintenance and repair functions.
- Report the status and progress of equipment or failures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in Physics, Material Science or Engineering.
- Preferably 3 years’ experience in optics manufacturing environment with exposure in optical coating design, production and maintenance of thin film systems.
- Knowledge of modern thin film coating production technologies including thermal evaporation, electron beam evaporation, ion assisted deposition and magnetron sputtering.
- Proficient in the use of design software such as TfCalc, Flimstar or Optilayer.
- Good communication skills with ability to work in teams.
- Fresh graduates will be provided with training.