Customer Service Representative
Location: Bangalore, India
Position: Customer Service Representative
Apply Here: Deepthi Sasikumar | [email protected]
Edmund Optics (EO) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. EO's state of the art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting the R&D, electronics, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, biomedical, and military markets around the globe; EO products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics India was setup in May 2019 and is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout India. India is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
Performs routine customer order processing functions; receive and respond to customer inquiries, complaints and/or orders; processing of customer returns and backorder requests; provides sales support for both Catalog Sales and custom products.
- Review customer concerns, consider options and develop best solutions for customer
- Receive inbound customer correspondence which may result in:
- Entering an order
- Entering a catalog request
- Prepare quotation requests
- Researching the status of an existing order
- Providing item information such as price, availability or shipping status
- Resolving other customer service issues as needed
- Maintain files and processing customer returns and backorder information requests
- Resolving returned mail/packages
- Ensuring the database of customers is current, accurate, and complete
- Filing claims/tracers for lost/damaged shipments
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate to high level of PC Skills in MS Word/Excel/E-Mail
- Basic customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, Accurate typing skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of current policies and procedures for data entry
- Works productively with others in a team environment
- Encourages open communication by listening attentively and actively. Seeks to fully understand information from many points of view
- Greets callers, establishes rapport, projects professional tone, handles complaints, & record statistics on each call
- Knowledge of accounting software’s such as QuickBooks and SAP preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 2 years related prior work experience.
Edmund Optics provides extensive training programs and internal development opportunities as well as a range of employee benefits including employee provident fund, personal medical insurance and flex benefits. The overall employment package is highly competitive with the aim of attracting the best talent available.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.