Product Support Engineer
This role involves telephone, email and website chat support to customers. Responsible for pre-sales product technical support by providing response to technical queries, technical information and assisting customers with product selection and information.
- Assist customers via phone, chat, and email with product selection and integration for their application
- Field custom optics requests and vet based on Edmund Optics’ manufacturing capabilities
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of quotes, pricing, and availability
- Provide post-sales support in the form of troubleshooting and RMA creation
- Collaborate with other departments within Edmund Optics to improve technical expertise and expand knowledge
- Partake in projects designed to streamline internal processes and improve the customer experience
- Participate in local tradeshows to meet new customers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and technical aptitude in optics or a related field
- Basic customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor, proficient in active listening and effective communication
- Capable of critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem-solving
- Ability to review, edit, and draft technical documents such as specification sheets, application notes, etc. Knowledge of Optical software such as Zemax and Tracepro preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Available to work in shifts over weekends.
- Capable of multi-tasking and tolerating a high level of stress
- Requires minimal supervision and direction
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Optics, Physics, or Engineering subject.
Edmund Optics provides extensive training programs and internal development opportunities as well as a range of employee benefits including employee provident fund, personal medical insurance, and flex benefits. The overall employment package is highly competitive with the aim of attracting the best talent available.